Sunday, February 6, 2011

Off to "slower" Delaware

Make that lower Delaware, as in south of the Chesapeake & Delaware canal.  The natives call their portion of the state "slower" Delaware in reference to the agricultural nature of the bottom 2/3 of the state compared to the northern 1/3 which is highly developed, hectic in pace and centered around the chemical industry.

My purpose in this trip is to help one of my boat building buddies, Bill Boyle, work on a boat he's building under contract for a young New England designer.  Since this hull is the prototype, the project is hush-hush so expect no photos of the boat under construction.  When I get home perhaps there will be a few snaps of the Delware tundra for your inspection.  In the meantime I'll leave you with a nugget from William Shakespeare which for me sums up this somewhat depressing middle part of winter.

That time of year thou mayst in me behold
When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,
Bare ruined choirs, where late
the sweet birds sang.

— Wm. Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment