Thursday, June 16, 2011

LBCs at Lilypons, Part II

OK, let's see if "blogger" is in a better mood.  I'll carry on where I left off...

Here's the engine room of the pretty Elan which I think was the last photo in Part I.  A very clean example of the well known Ford-based Lotus twin-cam engine.  Nice to see the cam cover in the original "hammertone blue".  Many examples have been tarted up with "racy" black or red crackle finish paints.

This Triumph TR3 was sporting a custom nose.
I owned one of these years ago:  an MGA Coupe, aka: "a driving helmet on wheels".
Now here's a rare bird:  A Sunbeam Harrington.  A number of these were entered in Le Mans in the mid-1960s.  This is the road going version.

Zooming in on the info display in the boot.  Click on the photo to enlarge.  For those interested in such things, the original UK registration tag (hidden behind the Maryland one) reads: "BAP65B".
It was still quite hazy as I headed home mid-afternoon.  Adamstown is up near Frederick so we're getting up into the hills when we come this far north in Maryland.
Nice smooth, quiet "sports car" roads in these parts....
Unless you come across this!

No comments:

Post a Comment